NW Line JATC / VOLTA
Job Title: Full Time Instructor
Department: VOLTA / Apprentice Camp / Journeyman Training
Position Overview: Supports operations by instructing/supervising students in all classes (1st yr., 2nd yr., 3rd, yr., Volta etc.)
Planning, organizing, and implementing administrative, academic, and practical hands-on field and lab instruction. Position will also support Journeyman/Apprentice/Safety training, which will require reporting to admin office as scheduled.
Essential Job Functions:
· Maintains industry workforce by recruiting, orienting, and training applicants, students, and current industry personnel; maintaining a safe, secure, and productive work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
· Accomplish training results by communicating class/job expectations; planning, monitoring, following lesson plans and evaluating results.
· Coaching, counseling, and disciplining students as needed.
· Exercise patience and tolerance as required in a learning environment.
· Initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures of NW Line JATC, VOLTA and Camp Rilea.
· Conduct and project self in professional manner.
· Monitor supplies by identifying and anticipating needs for classrooms, office area, storage areas, restrooms, and labs (pole yards).
· Maintain all areas in a clean and tidy fashion
· Follow policies, procedures, and work schedules.
· Fill-in, substitute and or assist in instruction for other classes.
· Provide communication to supervisor for identifying needs and evaluating options for student issues.
· Complete projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
· Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems both paper and electronic versions.
· Improve training programs and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures and evaluating system results with staff.
· Maintain communication and cooperation among base, staff, and students (past, present and future).
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge and skills by attending or teaching educational workshops/classes.
· Contribute to positive progress by accomplishing related tasks as needed in a timely manner.
· Perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organizations.
Non-essential Job Functions:
· Travel to off-base locations to retrieve supplies and or conduct/attend classes.
· Provide communication/information to visitors and guests in a friendly positive manner.
· Repair and maintain building, tools and equipment based on personal mechanical skill level.
· Journeyman Lineman
· Ability and willingness to acquire Trainer Status to teach classes, including but not limited to; First Aid, CPR, OSHA, Flagging, Crane etc.
· Have reliable transportation to commute to class each day.
· Willing and able to physically climb structures and perform/demonstrate the duties of a Journeyman Lineman.
· Computer knowledge and proficiency to work with Word, Power point, Data base, Email, etc.
· Develop; write; improve lesson plans
This position is a full time, salaried position of $128,869.92, with vacation, sick leave, LineCo, NEBF and NEAP based on the four-local agreement. Working hours vary based on schedule and additional travel and training will be required.
Resumes accepted by email at email@example.com until December 15th; interviews will be scheduled the week of December 18th.